The Kings Hotel is dedicated and committed to protecting and safeguarding your personal data.
Our Privacy & Policy Statement explains the how we collect and safeguard information from both our hotel guests and website visitors (across various devices). This privacy statement applies to all hotel brands owned or licensed by the Kings Hotel
1. Types of Personal Information we collect
In order for us to process reservations to our hotels as well as receive customer service requests, The Kings Hotel will collect the following information:
- Your name, address, email information, telephone number, credit card information, arrival and departure dates.
- Information from special requests made (e.g. preferences pertaining to specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services).
- Information from observations about your service preferences (including amenities, room preference, facilities or services used).
- Information provided regarding marketing preferences.
- Information provided in the course of feedback, customer satisfaction survey, contests or promotional offers.
- Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, card key and other security systems.
- Contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts, vendors and other individuals with whom we partner in business (e.g. travel agents or meeting and event planners).
- Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or similar providers).
We may collect this information through a different channels, including from you directly, from third parties with whom we do business (e.g., such as travel agents, meeting & event planners or similar providers).
We may request you to provide personal information about others to us (e.g., individuals for whom you are making a reservation on behalf of). In such cases, we rely on you to obtain such other persons' consent for disclosing their information to us which we will use in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Statement.
If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
2. Usage of Personal Information we collect
We may use the personal information in different ways, including personal contact, via our Websites, through emails and correspondence, and through third parties, such as travel agents and business partners. We use personal information for the purposes we have disclosed to you, or as permitted by law.
Usage of personal information is required (but not limited to) in order to:
- Provide services you request, such as to facilitate reservations through email of a confirmation message, send a pre-arrival message to provide additional information about the hotel and the area
- Provide information about meeting, event or celebration planning
- Send customer satisfaction or quality assurance surveys
- Send offers, promotions and news about exclusive offers and packages
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information in the following ways:
- Personal information provided to us for reservation is made available to hotel for the purpose of ensuring your reservation request is made
- Post departure, we will retain your personal information which includes details of your stay, room type and special requests/preferences
The Kings Hotel will disclose customer information, without the customer’s permission, if the Kings Hotel believes, in good faith, that such disclosures are required by any applicable law or court order or if such Kings Hotel website, to the Kings Hotel guests, employees, or agents.
4. Security of Personal Information
The Kings Hotel treats personal information provided to us as confidential. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from accidental deletion, loss and unauthorised access, disclosure or modification. Personal information submitted to us via our websites is transferred over a Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) connection, provided you are using a SSL enabled browser or device.
5. Cookies and Web Beacons
What is a cookie?
A "cookie" is technology that allows our website to store tokens of information (an 'identifier') in your browser used only by our website while you are on our website. Cookies are not used to determine the personal identity of anyone who is merely visiting our website. They serve to help us track traffic patterns to determine a user’s preferred location and language for us to direct user to the correct country home page when they visit our website. On specific pages of our website, cookies are used to help us track your interests while you browse the internet. This is to assist us to understand what is important to you and to tailor more relevant direct marketing to you.
How do I disable cookies?
You can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is sent or turn off all cookies (except Flash cookies) through your browser. Check your browser's Help menu or your built-in mobile device settings to find out how. If you do not accept cookies, some features, services or activities that are available on our Websites may be affected and you may be unable to perform certain transactions, use certain functionality, and access certain content.
What cookies do we use?
The cookies used by our website are classified as below:
- Session cookies which are automatically deleted once you close your browser.
- Throughout the online reservation process to remember dates used in hotel searches, check room availability and fulfil reservation.
- Measure usage of pages on our website to help us make our information more personalised and easily accessible.
- Track customer response to Kings Hotel advertisements and Website content.
- To track the effectiveness of an email campaign and to allow our service provider to collate statistics on the campaign.
- Serve ads through third-party advertising technology when you visit our Website and sites upon which we advertise. In the course of serving our advertisements to you, unique third-party persistent cookies, clear gifs or beacon gifs may be placed on your computer or device, provided by our ad-serving providers, to help manage our online advertising and which recognize when a device visits our Websites, to learn which banner ads bring users to our Websites and to track whether a reservation is made. The information our ad-serving providers and we collect through this technology is not personally identifiable but is used to create a profile which allows the ad-serving provider to serve adverts targeted towards you and your interests across the ad-serving network.
What are Web Beacons?
The Kings Hotel may advertise on third party Web sites. In order to track the success of our advertising campaigns, we may use a visitor identification technology such as "web beacons," or "action tags," which provide visitors’ statistics on our website after being exposed to our advertisement on third party site. This technology is not used to access your personal information and is only used to compile aggregated statistics about visitors to measure the effectiveness of our advertising efforts.
6. Third Party Service Providers and Websites
To provide services to our clients, through both the Kings Hotel website and other communications, the Kings Hotel relies on third parties. The Kings Hotel requires such providers to conform to these privacy policies and guidelines as stated in statutory law. However, the Kings Hotel shall not be held responsible for their conduct if they fail to abide by these policies and guidelines.
7. Marketing & Communications
The email communications you receive from the Kings Hotel is intended to be useful to you, and you have indicated that you want to receive such information. We provide you the ability to unsubscribe from all marketing communications on offers and promotions and survey. You can do so by following the instructions in relation to opting-out from the unsubscribe link provided in our email communications to you.
8. Accuracy of Data Collected
The Kings Hotel takes the information you have provided as accurate and complete and will use the information as stated accordingly.
9. Updating or Accessing Your Personal Information
If you want to inquire about any personal information we may have about you, you can do so by sending us a written request by letter or email to the address set out in section 10. Please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number. We will then contact you to validate your identity so we can ascertain whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information, we may require to make that determination.
You may request we correct, cancel, and/or stop processing personal information that we hold about you. If we agree that the personal information is incorrect, or that the processing should be stopped, we will delete or correct the personal information. If we do not agree that the personal information is incorrect we will tell you that we do not agree and record the fact that you consider that personal information to be incorrect in the relevant files.
10. Access to Personal Information/Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or privacy concerns or would like to submit a request to update your personal data, please send an email to GDPR@kingshoteluk.com or send a letter to:
12. Effective Date